Check out the photo’s from the Saturday, May 4th Adopt-A-Highway event. Thanks to all of the great volunteers!!
Please check out the photo’s!!
Take a look at the pictures from this exceptional get together!! Many old and new faces!!!
Policy A. Trip Financials
1. Trip Payments
ALL checks should be made payable to Dayton Ski and Board Club (or DSBC) and are required from each applicant according to the trip payment schedule. No person will go on a trip unless all payments are made in full.
2. Bounced Checks
Any check returned for insufficient funds (or any other reason) must be paid with cash or a money order plus a $20 penalty charge plus bank costs within 7 days of notification or prior to trip departure. Failure to comply will move the participant to the bottom of the wait list.
3. Stopped Payment
Stopped payment on any check will immediately be taken as grounds for cancellation from ALL trips/events, and appropriate cancellation fees will be charged. Such action will be cause for the Board of Trustees to consider the participant’s loss of membership.
- All requests for cancellations must be in writing and given to the trip leader.
- Cancellations will be replaced by the next name on the waiting list. Personal substitutions may be made in the absence of a waiting list. A personal substitution shall be considered to be a cancellation and subject to costs incurred.
- Local Ski Trips: Defined as any day/weekend ski trip whose “full” package price does not include air transportation in the trip, the trip involves only chartered bus or privately owned vehicle transportation to the ski area.
- There will be a twenty-four hour grace period after sign-up during which one may cancel without penalty, providing it is 31 or more days before the trip departure date.
- Cancellations 31 days or more before the trip departure date are subject to a $25 cancellation penalty plus any costs incurred.
- Cancellations made 30 days or less before the trip departure date are subject to a cancellation penalty of $50 plus any cost incurred.
- Extended Ski Trips: Defined as any week long or extended weekend (3 days or longer) Eastern, Western, European, and Summer (Southern Hemisphere) ski trip whose “full” package price includes air transportation in the trip.
- There will be a twenty-four hour grace period after sign-up during which one may cancel without penalty, providing it is 91 or more days before the trip departure date.
- Cancellations 91 days or more before the trip departure date are subject to a $50 cancellation penalty plus any costs incurred.
- Cancellations made 90 days or less before the trip departure date are subject to a cancellation penalty of $100 plus any costs incurred.
- Any cancellation will be subject to the cancellation penalty plus any other costs incurred by the club. The total cancellation costs shall not exceed the price of the trip.
- Exceptions to the cancellation penalty are as follows:
- Injury or a major illness substantiated by a Doctor’s letter.
- A death in the family with a funeral program.
- A job transfer to another city before the trip departs.
Those exempted from the cancellation penalty will still be liable for any costs incurred by the club.
- There will be no cancellation penalty or cancellation fee for those on the waiting list if they cancel from the waiting list before being transferred to the active trip list.
- Cancellation fees from any side events are the responsibility of the trip participants, if such spots can not be filled.
- No refunds will be made until the trip returns or at the discretion of the trip leader (after consultation with the Skiing Vice President) if all financial responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Those persons transferring from the “full package” to a “land package” will be required to cover any cancellation fees and additional costs incurred by our contracted providers at the time of change unless their airline and/or bus space is filled.
- Changing from “land package” to a “full package” involves no cancellation penalty or cancellation fee, but the participant shall be responsible for any additional charges associated with the change.
- If a DSBC member must cancel off a trip, they may transfer the money deposited from that trip to another trip not presently signed up for without incurring the cancellation penalty. However, the trip participant(s) is (are) responsible for paying any costs incurred due to the transfer between the two trips. Requests for trip transfer must be submitted to the respective trip leaders on both trips. Money may be transferred from one trip to another trip presently signed up for minus cancellation penalty and costs incurred at the discretion of the trip leader (after consultation with the Skiing Vice President).
- Appeals: Participants have the right to appeal to the Board of Trustees regarding any disagreement. Such appeals must be filed in writing within 45 days of the assessment notice, or such appeal is waived. All decisions of the Board of Trustees are binding and final. The member will be given a 14 day notice of their hearing. The Board of Trustees has the right to make a decision with or without the participants presence at a Board meeting.
- A trip participant may not sell or trade their place on a trip to another individual. The place on the trip must go to the next person on the wait list and the canceling person will be assessed all appropriate cancellation fees.
- DSBC reserves the right to cancel a trip/activity or to select an alternate location and/or accommodations (when possible) due to poor snow or other unfavorable conditions. The participant agrees to accept an alternate location and/or accommodations or cancellation of the trip at the time of sign-up and is subject to all cancellation and no-show policies if he/she fails to participate.
No-shows (people who do not participate on the trip and do not cancel properly) will be charged the liquidation fees plus the $50 cancellation fee or the full amount of the trip, whichever is less.
Participants who miss departure (i.e. bus, plane, car, etc.) will have the option of making their way to the area at their own additional expense.
6. Free Loading
Only those people who have signed up and paid for the trip before the trip departure are authorized to stay in the accommodations used by the Club.
Any participant permitting “free-loading” (use of any lodging facilities which normally require payment to DSBC and/or declaration of an additional occupant) may be charged a penalty of up to $100 per day. Any participant with knowledge of “free-loaders” may be charged a penalty of up to $25 per day. If the “free-loader” is a DSBC member he/she will be subject to disciplinary action by the Board of Trustees.
Party/Racing Package: (Total cost of all miscellaneous items in the budget for that trip.) Any non trip participant who wishes to join in Club activities at the destination must prearrange this with the trip leader and must pay the social fees for the trip plus any recreational fees as appropriate.