Check out the photo’s from the Saturday, May 4th Adopt-A-Highway event. Thanks to all of the great volunteers!!
Please check out the photo’s!!
Take a look at the pictures from this exceptional get together!! Many old and new faces!!!
Policy B. Sign Ups
1. Sign-up Procedures
- Ski trip sign-ups will begin on date set by Skiing Vice President.
- Each participant shall qualify for participation in a Dayton Ski and Board Club, Incorporated (DSBC) trip by one of the following means:
- Be a member in good standing of the Dayton Ski and Board Club on the date of sign-up and on the dates of the trip.
- Be a member in good standing of an Ohio Valley Ski Council club on the date of sign-up and on the dates of the trip.
- Be a dependent child (under the age of 21) of a member in good standing of the Dayton Ski and Board Club on the date of sign-up and on the dates of the trip. Children are not permitted to ride on the bus when alcohol will be served. They are only permitted on trips designated as “family trips” or if authorized by the Board to participate in land packages, when available.
- Participants must submit a SIGNED trip application/waiver to be eligible for any trip.
- Trip sign-up will be on a first come, first served basis. A Dayton Ski and Board Club member may signup one other member or an unlimited number of family members.
- A current Dayton Ski and Board Club membership card must be presented at the time of sign-up and/or member must be checked off on current membership list.
- The minimum deposit shall be set by the Skiing Vice President. All Dayton Ski and Board Club sign-ups shall be accompanied by the required minimum deposit; no exceptions. “Land package” sign-ups shall be accepted at any time on a waiting list basis until all contractual obligations have been sold for that trip. Those wishing to utilize the “land package” option are required to make the minimum deposit which will be held by the trip leader until the “land package” is offered to the members. Once on the active trip list they will be required to make payments on the designated schedule, making back payments as necessary to become current.
2. Waiting List
- A waiting list shall not be employed for any Dayton Ski and Board Club trip until the trip has sold all initial contractual obligations. When the trip is full, all further applicants shall be placed on the waiting list and advanced on the list as cancellations occur.
- The minimum deposit is required for a member to be placed on the waiting list. A check for the deposit amount will be held by the trip leader. If a spot becomes available, the trip leader will notify the member before depositing their check.
3. Mail-In Applications
Mail-in applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
4. Allocated Ohio Valley Ski Council (OVSC) Spots
For the first two club meetings at which a Dayton Ski and Board Club trip or activity is offered, slots will be limited to Dayton Ski and Board Club members and up to a maximum of 10% for OVSC members. Thereafter, all slots will be open to all members of OVSC.
5. Payment Procedure
- A deposit is required on all trips. Personal checks or cash will be accepted. All checks are to be made payable to the Dayton Ski and Board Club. Deposits can be transferred from one trip to another within the same ski season.
- Separate payments are recommended for each deposit. The payment should indicate which persons are included. The trip leader then lists each name on the “Cash Receipt” form which is submitted to the treasurer.
- All money received from people registered on the active list must be deposited with the treasurer no later than fourteen days after receipt. Checks may be mailed to the treasurer by the trip leader.
- Payments from people on the waiting list will be held by the trip leader until the applicant(s) are placed on the active list, notified and given seven days to make the check good with the bank. It will then be given to the treasurer. The check will be returned to the applicant in the event he does not obtain a space.
6. Check/Cash Payments
- All checks are to be made payable to the Dayton Ski and Board Club, Inc. The check will be their receipt.
- Stopped payment on any check will be taken as grounds for cancellation of all trips/events and cancellation fees will be charged. Also, such action will cause the Board of Trustees to consider the participants loss of membership.
- A receipt will be written for all cash payments by the trip leaders. All trip participants are responsible for obtaining a written receipt for cash payments.
7. Late Payments
If the payment schedule deadlines are not met, there shall be a $1.00 late fee for each day the payment is late. If the payment is 7 days late, the trip leader will send a certified letter to the participant notifying them that their space shall be cancelled if payment is more that 14 days late. On the 15th day, the trip leader will cancel that person’s space and fill it from the waiting list. If there is no waiting list on that particular trip, then the skiing Vice President and the Trip Leader(s) will, use their discretion whether said participant will be eliminated from the trip. All applicable cancellation penalties, plus any costs incurred due to the cancellation, will apply. This procedure shall be followed unless other arrangements have been made. Policy appeals and exceptions shall be made to the Skiing Vice President.